Hi! I’m Lola, a qualified beauty therapist, currently residing in Australia. I have Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder that means primarily that I’m hyperflexible and dislocate my joints easily, among other co-morbities (other medical issues, basically).
Becoming increasingly limited in what I am able to do, I decided to start blogging as a way of expressing myself, and to connect with others who may be experiencing similar situations to me, as well as to whoever else wants to read my ramblings. I post about lifestyle, beauty, skincare, makeup and random things I’m passionate about.
Here are some of them!
- Travel (I’ve lived in several places, including Singapore, where I was able to travel a lot, fortunately)
- Languages (currently learning Indonesian and Mandarin, as well as struggling with Irish)
- Ancient history and mythology
- Nutrition and cooking – it’s a must to have an interest when your body starts rejecting and reacting to more and more
- Music – always been a singer, although jaw issues have pretty much put a stop to that now
- Video games – especially fantasy…I’m not great at them but I force myself through with sheer rage
- Writing – currently working on a children’s book and a book of short stories
- Film and TV – what else to do when you’re too exhausted to do anything else? And what’s more bingeable than Korean drama for a bad pain day?