Hi! I’m Lola, a qualified beauty therapist, currently residing on the Gold Coast. I have Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder that means I’m hyperflexible and dislocate my joints easily.
Becoming increasingly limited in what I am able to do, I decided to start Lolita Coquette as a way of expressing myself, sharing my knowledge and to connect with others who may be experiencing similar situations to me (as well as to those who aren’t – no discrimination here!). I post about lifestyle, beauty, skincare, makeup and random things I’m passionate about.
Here are some of them!
- travel (I’ve lived in several places, including Singapore, where I was able to travel a lot!)
- language (currently learning Indonesian and Mandarin, as well as brushing up on my French)
- ancient history and mythology (top 10 in Australia…in general knowledge hahah)
- nutrition and cooking – you gotta be when your body rejects almost everything!
- music – always been a singer, although jaw issues have pretty much put a stop to that now
- video games – especially fantasy…I’m not great at them but I force myself through with sheer rage ;D
- writing – currently working on a children’s book
- film and (good) tv – what else to do when you’re too exhausted to do anything else?
- my Japanese Spitz puppy – we have a love/hate relationship